A total precast project involves using precast concrete for the entire construction of a building, including the foundations, infrastructure, flooring, walls, and roof. Precast concrete is a high-performance material that provides the type of versatility needed to satisfy complex architectural designs. The resilient nature of precast makes it a very effective building material for projects with multi-purpose requirements that need long-term durability.
Whatever the scope of your project, whether it be bridge construction, parking garages, or sports stadiums and arenas, precast concrete should be your first choice of construction material. Choosing a total precast approach improves project workflow, as there’s no need for multiple suppliers on-site. Speedy installation means earlier building occupancy and minimum disruption to surrounding business and road systems. Also, total precast projects enable year-round production as manufacturing can take place indoors and off-site, meaning your project won’t be affected by weather conditions.
Experts in Total Precast Solutions
At J. P Carrara & Sons, we can handle any precast, or prestressed construction project, including total precast buildings and other specially designed products. We’ve been in operation since the early 1940s, during which time, we’ve been involved in some major total precast projects, including:
- Rochester Elementary School – Rochester, MA: Involved constructing thick brick load-bearing wall panels, shear wall panels, hollow core floor and roof planks, elevator and stairwell wall panels, and stairs.
- 1330 Exchange Street – Middlebury, VT: Built insulated architectural load-bearing walls, columns, beams, and hollow core planks, and a precast elevator shaft.
- Autumn Harp Manufacturing – Bristol, VT: Constructed insulated wall-bearing panels, columns, beams and roof tees.
- I-195 Bridge – Providence, RI: Built integrally-cast granite fascia panels.
- Rensselaer Rail Station – Rensselaer, NY: Involved building train platform slabs with stamped tactile warning strips.
Robust Processes, Comprehensive Systems
Total Precast structures are built from several components. The process involves pouring precast concrete into pre-set environments off-site and then connecting all the components on-site. Precast concrete comes in a variety of forms, textures and colors, and can be mixed with other materials. It’s the fastest building system available, it’s low-maintenance, flexible, thermally efficient and cost-effective. It’s also a great sound insulator, resilient to extreme weather conditions, fire, and explosions.
If you have a total precast project that requires the expertise of a highly-experienced provider, then J P. Carrara can help. Tell us about your total precast needs, or find out more about our services…